5 Reasons We’re So Amped About AMP
As we all know, Google’s Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMPs) are kinda huge deal for anyone that has a website that people view on a mobile device, i.e. everyone. The AMP framework basically strips away many of the unnecessary web page elements that slows down the mobile experience making it much faster for users. For anyone that hasn’t heard about the roll-out of this user-friendly mobile experience, here are the top reasons why we’re so excited about AMP.
1) It’s super fast – about 15% to 85% faster on mobile. Since it strips down the code to only the essentials, it’s able to showcase websites much more quickly. This is a huge win for anyone that has short attention span.
2) Google is a big fan – Google historically favors websites that optimize user experiences – especially for mobile – which is great for search engine optimization (SEO) rankings.
3) They’re noticeable – AMP sites have a small gray lightning bolt so people will know that your website is the one to click on and bypass your competitors.
4) Will help you get and keep visitors on your page – when over 50% of people are using mobile to search for products/services, it’s best to have the most mobile optimized site and since bounce rates can be as high as 58% for websites that take up to ten seconds to load – you’re bound to get more page views.
5) Last but certainly not least – while Google doesn’t explicitly say that it’ll reward AMP websites with higher rankings, when you look at the other advantages, i.e. fast speeds and optimized user experience, it’s easy to see how being an early adopter will be beneficial for not only mobile, but overall organic rankings.
With all these benefits to AMP-ing up a website, it’s no wonder we’re getting tons of requests from our clients to AMP up their current website!!