Social media companies have rejoiced!
They finally killed Google Plus and no longer have to post on their clients’ accounts!!! YEAH!
So Google is killing Google Plus and what does that mean for social media? Google Plus was merely the bridge between Google’s core products: Google Search, Gmail, YouTube and Google Maps, trying to make things easier for the sometimes not-so-tech-savvy consumer. By getting rid of Google Plus they are admittedly not trying to take on Facebook any longer.
However, when you own the online real estate Google owns – whose market share is increasing on a daily basis, there is no need to bother. So ultimately Google will have lower cost, less management and no client dissension over their brand. That reminds us of an old saying, “whoever laughs last, laughs loudest.”
Now you may ask, “what will posting on Google Places for businesses look like?”
Considering that Google Places/Maps typically has more traffic than a business’ website and posts are actually included in Google search results, it might STILL BE SMART to post on this online property – which has 10X the visibility and click through rate compared to a Facebook post – that can really only be seen if the business owner pays to promote it!
So yes, it’s still hugely important to post of Google Plus for Business (or whatever it will ultimately be called now). Sorry social media companies.
As the head of a leading internet marketing firm, I’m asked what the top criteria are that determine first page map results. In the past I found four top criteria in search engines determining local rankings:
- Business Name – The importance of this increases exponentially as the business has multiple locations and can now be managed in the Google multiple business manager.
- Business Address – Verification of the business address, per location, primarily happens via ‘snail mail’ or a telephone call-in pin for locations that previously exist in the listing directories system (usually because they scraped the information from a ‘higher up’ directory).
- Business Phone number – Call-in pins are common to verify listed phone numbers.
- Website URL – It is important to have a unique URL for every unique listing. I often see businesses get ‘sloppy’ and try to use their homepage for 3 different locations. The extra step to create a unique ‘homepage’ for each location is imperative in order to compete with the competition in the local map market.
- Google Plus for Business page – This is a new item I’ve added over the last few years. It’s not enough just to use the first 4 pieces of information to PROMOTE a G+ business page, but rather the creation, syncing and promotion of the page individually that determines overall success in
Google Maps results.
Bonus verification – Business email, ie @optfirst, is often not only used to verify the domain but the existence of a real business owner and identity.
For information on how you can make your current website traffic profitable contact us and
Click Here to Find Out More
Experts in Website Conversion Optimization
Want to get more out of your website?
Tired of having lots of traffic to your website and have no leads or online sales?
This is a common issue that our OptFirst clients have before hiring us. Just because a website has a lot of traffic doesnt mean that it will have lots of sales or leads. The process of getting a website to perform well so that it delivers customers and clients is a unique science. It could be better described as an art backed up by science and tested data.
Miami Website Conversion Optimization Company
To know how website visitors use a website and what they expect is the starting point of optimizing a website for conversion. Here are a few items that our clients tend to have before using our SEO and
Conversion Optimization Plan:
- Placement of conversion forms
- Banner placement
- Product pacement
- Unique selling proposition
- Value offers
- Mobile compatibility
- Click to call functionality
OptFirst Analysis that Fix Issues and Optimize Sales:
- Website Traffic Review
- Heatmapping User Mouse and Eye Movement
- Tracking Click to Calls
- Lead Form Analysis
For information on how to make your current website traffic profitable send us a message on the link belo: